Koihime Musou Girls and Famous Koreans - REBOOTED, Part III: Lu Xun and First Lady Yook Young-soo (1920-1974), First Part (전편) - Mother of President Park Geun-hye and wife of President Park Chung-hee
Yook Young-soo (Hangul/Hanja: 육영수/陸英修) was born as the second daughter of Yook Jong-gwan (Hangul/Hanja: 육종관/陸鍾寬) and Lee Kyeong-nyeong (Hangul/Hanja: 이경령/李慶齡) at 119 Hyangsu Drive/Hyangsu-gil, Gyodong-ri 313-beonji, Okcheon-eup, Okcheon County, Northern Chungcheong Province on November 29th 1920. She is coming from Okcheon Yook Clan which is originated at her birthplace. She has an elder sister, a brother and a younger sister: Yook In-soon (Hangul/Hanja: 육인순/陸寅順; 1914-1972), Yook In-soo (Hangul/Hanja: 육인수/陸寅修; 1919-2001) and Yook Ye-soo (Hangul/Hanja: 육예수/陸禮修; Born: May 1929).
She was raised as a modern woman with traditional virtues and especially committed herself to the welfare of poor people throughout her life. In August 1950, she met Park Chung-hee through a relative who was serving under Park. On 12 December 1950 she married Park Chung-hee. While her mother supported her choice of husband, Yook's father, Yook Jong-gwan was against the match, so she married without his blessing.
After her shocking death with an assassination attempt against her husband, President Park Chung-hee by Moon Se-gwang (Hangul/Hanja: 문세광/文世光; Japanese name: Nanjou Seikou/南条世光 where the name 'Seikou' is Japanized version for his name: Se-gwang) at the 29th anniversary of Gwangbokjeol (Korean National Liberation Day or literally as the Feast of Light Restoration) held at the National Theatre in Jangchung-dong 2-ga, Seoul Jung-gu on August 15th 1974, she was given a national funeral and buried in the Seoul National Cemetery at Dongjak-dong, Seoul Dongjak-gu on August 19th 1974.
Her Birthplace: 119 Hyangsu Drive/Hyangsu-gil, Gyodong-ri 313-beonji, Okcheon-eup, Okcheon County, Northern Chungcheong Province
The birthplace of Her Excellency The First Lady Yook Young-soo, wife of former President Park Chung-hee (Hangul/Hanja: 박정희/朴正熙) and mother of First Woman President of Korean Republic, Park Geun-hye (Hangul/Hanja: 박근혜/朴槿惠), was restored over 8 years from a mere trace, and is now a tile-roofed house composed of 99 compartments in 13 buildings including main building and detached house.
There are some pictures of Yook Young-soo along with her household goods. Also called as 'house of three ministers' in the 17th century, it was purchased by Yook Jong-gwan, the father of Yook Young-soo in 1920 from a descendant of one of those three ministers.
Built on a large premises, there are beautiful forests surrounding 10 traditional buildings including main building, detached house, separate house along with a small pond and scenic garden. The ground of detached house is stretched behind the main gate, with the sites of main building, family shrine and separate house. There are incidental buildings, where housekeepers and employees lived, and a small pond in the east of site of detached house.